Thursday 28 January 2010

The Little Things

The Little Things - Do they make a difference ?

January is slipping away and February is quickly approaching, What I wanted to start this month, by default is now going into next month.
My initial goal was to regularly use the treadmill, spend time reading and overall find my innercompass to establish foundations for a strong start and new direction this year, but somehow so many other distractions have cried out and robbed me of that time.
Some doors I have been pushing have closed, this creating new ideas and thoughts rapidly landing which I guess is all part of the journey.
This week I had a piano lesson which reminded me that small things do make a big difference. Trying to read the first bar of music I thought, if I dont get the individual notes, timing, pauses and position myself right the whole piece will never be played properly and if rushed it would be ruined.
Looking into our lives I believe this same principle applies -
Getting the small things in place this year will set us up for the great things, that we are destined to walk into. Practical things like healthy eating, right sleep patterns and exercise all add to a better physical lifestyle and so do the spiritual things, spending time in prayer, reading the word, exercising our faith in speaking into our future.
How can I possibly play a full piece of music until I get this one small part right, likewise how can we expect to have a great lifestyle without getting the little things right. A pocket watch needs all the small pieces in the right place, connecting and active to allow it to give a right time whenever it is needed. If we want a right, connected fulfilling life it starts with getting the little things in the right place before any more time runs away from us.
Matt 25:23 - Be faithful with the little ...
What do you need to start doing today, to bring your best life into alignment ?

No comments:

Post a Comment